Menu
Stupotmufc19
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Installation of phone socket

Hi @virginmedia had your services for a while now and had phone as part of the deal but never had a phone socket fit in the house . I now require a land line for urgent work commitments . Can I book an engineer to come and fit a socket please?? So refused to install it for free so still no landline but knocked £25 off my bill for the next 18 months 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ and that includes a phone line I can’t use couldn’t make it up . You lose out on £450 for not putting a socket in for free your ‘mangers’ are great at their jobs

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installation of phone socket

Virgin don't really fit sockets, your landline plugs into the top socket of the hub3

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Stupotmufc19

Welcome to our Community and thanks so  much for your first post - sorry about any confusion with your landline. 

Majority of new customers joining us will be on the new VOIP landline where you get your landline via your Hub. In this situation, you would plug your handset into the back of your Hub to get your landline services. 

From looking at your account, we can see that you have our standard landline - not via the Hub. In this situation, the landline would have been installed at the point of installation. Do you not have a landline socket at home? Did you question this when you we're installed? 

If it was not installed at the time, then we would not charge you as this should have been done at the time. 

Please keep me posted. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Stupotmufc19
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We did a self installation when we got virgin. An engineer came to check connections. There was no phone socket so he told us he would book an install, but it was never done.
I now require it for working from home.

0 Kudos
Stupotmufc19
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Got a stand lineline and this isn’t possible 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for popping back so quickly there @Stupotmufc19.

I can see notes on your account from back when you we're installed to advise that the property was all set up for telephone service; I can only apologise that this was not installed at the time. We're more than happy to get a technician out free of charge to check this and install you a new socket if required. 

I have booked the first available slot on our systems for you - you can check this via your online account. You can rescheduled it there if needed.

If you have any issues viewing the timeslot, pop back and let me know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Stupotmufc19
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That’s grand thank you 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You're more than welcome @Stupotmufc19

Please let us know how the visit goes and if you need anything further once they have been. 

Keep us posted and stay safe

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos