Menu
Russ3139
Joining in
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Instalation

Hi just wondered if anyone had same problems as me I ordered virgin media TV phone and broadband placed order got instalation  date for 6th September then they cancelled it was then 21st October because they have to sort cable out that was cancelled every day get a message saying engineer will be here between 8 and 6 no one comes so nearly 2 months without service asked for auto compensation and they just laughed and gave me 20 credit and won't put me on the auto credit at £5 a day till they sort the problem out  am I wasting my time with this company I am disabled and need the phone but they don't seem to care 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Instalation

Hi Russ3139,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there's been a delay with your installation, I need to clear security in order to give you a few more details, I've sent you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
JimmGrimm
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

Yes, Absolutely having same issues. Virgin organisation seems to have totally fallen apart! When my street was cabled I jumped at the chance of getting cable when Virgin rang in mid Sept 2020. My installation date was set for 5th October 2020. Pre-installation engineers couldn't pull the cable through to property due to a "construction issue". Since then I've have multiple new installation dates and engineers have physically turned up 4 times. Always the same story: "the construction issue has not been fixed, I've reported it to head office". The issue is the under-street ducting is blocked under the public footpath.

My latest install date is today, 19th December 2020. I phoned the week before last after the that re-scheduling and confirmed the construction issue would be fixed. "Yes, This is scheduled for the 14th December and I've added notes to ensure this happens and install date is not brought forward". On the 14th no crew turned up. I phoned and was told it was booked in for the 15th... 4pm on the 15th I rang and said they had not turned up. I was informed the absolutely definitely would by 6pm without fail... I rang on the 16th to say they hadn't turned up. I was told they were booked in for that day and would be attending... the 17th same again, this time I was given the direct email for Virgin construction and I duly emailed them, they ignored this email and I've never heard from them. This time I spoke to the first time to a guy who recognised there was a problem and escalated it to his management and because it was late afternoon I should expect a call on the 18th. He spoke directly to the construction crew who told him they didn't even have a ticket for this issue! (Not that I actually believe much Virgin say by this stage).

I'm currently on hold waiting to be told some more BS. The install is due from 1pm today and construction issue is still not fixed nor has cable been pulled to the property so I'm guessing that won't go well. 

Average waiting time on hold is 45-60 minutes listening to same 3 songs on loop. I believe this is based on CIA interrogation/torture technique to deter all but the most deranged (like me now) attempting to get an issue resolved. I've had over a dozen connections dropped after this unreasonable wait and only once did I get called back from the guy's own phone home (probably BT haha). Surely a telecomms/Internet company should have some ability to have reliable communications infrastructure?

So if you got this far in this saga, I guess you already know I would not recommend anyone cancelling there existing internet to move to virgin as did. They don't churn so I've had no home internet for almost 3 months now. Thanks Virgin.

I'd be interested to hear if you ever actually got your install and if so HOW? coz I out of patience and ideas.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi JimmGrimm

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the install delay. Sometimes there are extra works that are unforseen until we come to install. Works such as clearing a blockage can also be dependent on permissions to do the work from councils etc. 

I've checked and the work order is still in place for today. 

Your complaint reference is C-1712202097 and it's with the install complaints team. They'll be in touch asap

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
JimmGrimm
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Update

Even queueing system is falling apart now! calls dropped twice today, once after 14 minutes and once after 32 minutes. As previously mentioned average hold time is 45 to 60 minutes so I'm giving up for today.

I think Russ3139 had to right to say "they just don't care"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Update

I am sorry you feel this way. I assure you we'll be doing everything we can to sort this out asap

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
JimmGrimm
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Sorry John, I've heard that line way to many times. we are 30 mins for supposed home installation and no crew, cable is also yet to be pulled to the property. I would understand a delay for a week or so AFTER they inspected job and realised there were complications. However, no crew has ever been in almost 3 months of your engineers reporting the issue. 

It doesn't explain why I was fobbed of 5 times already being told it was postponed and would definitely occur that day. It doesn't explain why your customer service telephone infrastructure is so bad and why only one person in all those call bothered to call back or even email after the disconnects.

I put a formal complaint in October in the hopes someone would address the issue (COM104264890) and got a letter back in November basically saying Virgin wouldn't be addressing the complaint and directing me to dispute resolution.

There is more going wrong at Virgin than a single install problem. People working from home or stuck in lockdown need a reliable internet provider. Virgin instructed me to cancel my existing ADSL for the original 5th of October date and have done zero to get issue resolved. 

Nobody cares about the inconvenience and frustration there which points to an deeper issue in the organisation. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me

I do full understand the frustration with this and wish there was more information I could give. 

The team will be in touch asap

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
JimmGrimm
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

So, just got a message at 6:07pm that "due to unavoidable circumstances" the engineer for home installation wouldn't be coming. Seeing as neither the construction team nor the pre-installation team showed up either no great loss. 

I note it isn't re-scheduled due to the two pre-requisites pieces of work being scheduled, so on the 5th January 2021 (first date was 5th October 2020) I fully expect to have to go through this again due to the construction issue, or the pre-installation work being carried out in the mean time.

Still think this all all reasonable John? The actions of a well functioning organisation?

I didn't even get a hint of apology, no action on previous complains or promises of resolution. Not even a cursory credit for the money I wasted on 4g data and the massive inconvenience. No explanation of what the unavoidable circumstances were when the window for home install was from 1pm!

No one at Virgin cares one bit about the circumstances they left me in with this debacle. No-one rings back. PATHETIC and INCOMPETENT. 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry for the frustration caused JimmGrimm and for the experience you've had so far regarding the install. To explain what happens if your property isn't already cabled, before the actual install can happen, the Pre-Installs Team will have spotted something unforeseen which requires some more work on the street. Unfortunately it may take at least a few weeks for this to happen as they will need to arrange the equipment, any planning permission, traffic management, as examples.  Once it's done, the install is usually the next day. 

The above may already be in motion but there may be some delay with it being the Holiday Season and the new restrictions in place that is affecting us all. I know it doesn't help but please wait a few more days and we can check with the Area Field Manager for the status of it.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos