Menu
SoThisIs_Simon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Incorrectly disconnected lone 70+ female

Requested to post here via Twitter.

Last Thursday (2 April) my mum had all her VM services disconnected. She was unable to get through to support/call centre and got incredible upset. I have since picked up trying to resolve the issue.

At 12.20 on 2 April I got through to Jane on the phone. She completed a "re-connection request" and advised it would be sorted in 48hrs.

We allowed VM the benefit of the doubt over the weekend but the services were still not connected by Monday 6 April 2pm (48 working hours). Myself and my mum tried to call several times without success. I raised the issue on twitter and was advised to try the SM service.

At 16.00 on 6 April I sent a txt to the SMS service and navigated through the automatic system. At 16.06 I received a message saying that the issue was being handed to "one of the team" to help. Since then I have had no response.

Today (7 April) both myself and my Mum have tried to call without success. I raised the issue again on Twitter and was directed here.

To summarize, my mum has been without any VM services in 2 April. She is alone vulnerable 70+ yo.

a/c [PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

Thank you.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incorrectly disconnected lone 70+ female

I've esculated this as a high priority so someone will contact you, please do not post account numbers on a public forum, i've requested this be deleted

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Edward_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simon, 

We need to get this sorted for you straight away, 

Just to clarify, is this a mobile number only or does your mother have any other services with us. 

Thanks 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

SoThisIs_Simon
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Ed, thanks for the quick reply.

Not mobile. It is home phone, broadband and TV.

Cheers,

Simon

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi SoThisIs_Simon

Can you please check the purple envelope top right of screen 

I will need to pass security on your mothers account so I can see whats happened and get this fixed 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
SoThisIs_Simon
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Done - thanks Gareth.

0 Kudos
Edward_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've sent you a message! 

Let's see if we can get it escalated for you 

I've just seen I think my colleague is working on this, do you still need assistance 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks SoThisIs_Simon

After checking the account and I need to apologise as its an automated process we are unable to speed up.

The original reconnection form was not filled in correctly, so a new one was filled in this morning and can take 72 hours to be actioned 

I know its extremely important that we need this fixed asap and I am sorry it will take a further 72 hours 

Gareth_L

SoThisIs_Simon
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gareth!

My mum finally managed to get through to speak to someone and they have completed the reconnection form again.

Whilst it is disappointing that we have to wait 72 hrs again, we are at least, hopefully, moving a step closer. Fingers crossed the process completes quickly.

I hope a sizeable financial gesture of goodwill will be heading towards my mum/her account!

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,
Simon

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying SoThisIs_Simon

I am sure things will be sorted out once and for all this time