cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls to landline go to voicemail

hslavin
Joining in

Incoming calls to my Virgin Media landline go to voicemail after just one ring.

If I'm beside the phone and pick it up straight away, the call is connected, but usually I can't answer in time.

This started about a month ago. Before that, voicemail worked exactly as it was supposed to (for many years). To the best of my knowledge, I have not changed anything that would affect voicemail operation.

7 REPLIES 7

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi hslavin,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your landline. 

Have you been able to try a different handset?

^Martin

Yes, I have tried a different handset.

I still have the same problem (incoming calls go to voicemail after just one ring)..

Hey hslavin, 

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline at the moment, do you have voicemail built into your handset or are you just using the Virgin Media voicemail service?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

I use Virgin Media voicemail (1571 to retrieve messages from the switch).

Thanks for coming back to me hslavin, I have looked into this and have passed the issue onto our 2nd line faults team, who will get in touch with you directly in the next 24 to 48 hours to discuss your issues further. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks to Steven_L for referring this to Virgin Media support, and thanks to Virgin Media support for their attempts to contact me by phone. Unfortunately, I was unable to take either of the calls to my mobile, and the two calls to my landline went to voicemail before I could answer. I look forward to a subsequent call attempt being successful.

Hey hslavin, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you have missed the call.

I have sent a message to the agent dealing with matter to give you another call when they can.

Please do keep me updated on this. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?