Menu
wjk45
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Incoming calls ring & then disconnect

Our home phone is dialling out OK and we are able to hear and be heard, but when anyone dials in to us it either rings and disconnects or if we are able to answer quickly all they hear is distortion and crackling. I have checked our service with Virgin status checker and it says there are no faults. We have several handsets and it’s the same with all of them.

Do I need to call an engineer?

0 Kudos
Danguitar
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incoming calls ring & then disconnect

We had the same exact problem with our phone. Was told our wires from phone to virgin box had to be changed as they were the old BT ones, then told to  change to docs phone which plugs into our hub as that would be the easiest  fix. So changed our number, engineer hooked up to hub and now we can dial out but no one can ring us as they get an error message saying our new number is not recognised. Virgin not doing anything about it so maybe the best advice is to stay put. I  wish we hadn't done anything now....

0 Kudos
wjk45
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It seems like it has been fixed remotely, no problem now.

0 Kudos
wjk45
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Spoke to soon, problem has returned, unable to receive any incoming calls. 

0 Kudos
wjk45
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Engineer visited and problem sorted. It was a damaged cable, phone now plugs into hub. 

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @wjk45 

Thanks for your post. Sorry that you had further issues, glad to hear that we have since been able to get this resolved for you and switched over to the hub connection. 

Please let us know if you need any further help 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos