cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls - not ringing

Dave-87
Tuning in

Since a local power outage last Sunday any incoming phone calls to our landline have not rung.  The telephone is a BT cordless one with a call blocker in operation.  I have use a wired Viscount telephone in the same socket and that does not ring either.  If I know someone is ringing in I can answer the phone and speak, on both the wireless and wired phones.  Likewise both phones work on outgoing calls.  Am I missing something basic?

6 REPLIES 6

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dave-87,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear that you seem to be facing some issues receiving calls on your landline handset at the moment. I've checked over things on our systems, and I'm unable to detect any faults on the line to explain why you'd be experiencing this.

Do you have any other sockets in the home you can connect the landline into? This can help us to work out if this is potentially a problem with the socket.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I have one other socket but that is an extension of the main socket.  I have removed the extension and plugged straight into the main socket but still no ringing although I can still dial out and receive in. 

Hi @Dave-87,

Thank you for giving that a try. It's a shame to hear that it sadly hasn't helped.

In order to take a closer look at things, I'm going to send you a private message so I can take a few more details from you. Please respond to this when you can and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Dave-87,

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly via private message. As we discussed there, a technician appointment has now been scheduled and booked for you to take a closer look.

We're unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly, but you can check and manage/reschedule if needed via your My Virgin Media online account.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

All sorted. The engineer was fairly certain the problem was with the exchange. . A trip to the main junction box a couple of streets away and it was sorted.  Cheers. 

Hey there @Dave-87, thanks for the update.

I'm so happy to hear that the landline has been sorted.
I'm also glad to see that the landline is finally working again.
As always - if you need anything, we're here to help.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs