Menu
AkarTelford
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Incoming calls don’t connect

Hi ...on and off for 4 weeks there have been connection issues on incoming calls to my home phone. I have tried disconnecting phones, checking connections, different phone that works in a neighbours house, online fault diagnosis, but all saying no problems.

When I receive calls they ring, I pick up and all I can hear is myself saying hello with an echo,as though someone has picked up another phone at my end ( which they haven’t) .

Also on the occasion I can hear the caller, it disconnects to silence halfway through the call. 

I have tried all the online help scenarios to no avail. I can’t dial my elderly isolated father from my mobile ( it won’t connect) and he can’t ring me on the home phone either. 

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Kris_KratosVM
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incoming calls don’t connect

Hi there sounds like you need a visit from a VM tech.

Have you tried downloading the my VM app on your moblie phone you can book a tech on it via the virtual chat.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
CybeRocK
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it sounds to me like you have a short on the line. The copper pair phone line is touching somewhere. This can be inside the house(especially if you have multiple extension sockets) or outside, either the wiring from the house box to your master socket or the drop cable servicing your home. The problem can also be at the street cabinet but from what you are describing, it is very unlikely. Please get in touch with our customer service and see about booking a service visit. Please understand, many of our call centres have been closed down due to lock down, so getting through might take longer than usual but things are being done behind the scenes to fix it. Hope this helps, please stay safe!

- Although I am a Virgin Media service technician, the responses given on here are from my personal experience in the field and should be taken as such -
If I was able to help you please let others know by marking my answer as helpful. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo 🙂
0 Kudos
AkarTelford
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately (due to the Virus) you can no longer book appointments online. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi AkarTelford,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a very warm welcome, I am sorry you are having problems with your phone line, I will be more than happy to look into this for you, I will send you an invite into9 a private chat shortly, please click on the ourple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos