cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming caller can not hear me on the landline

Rayrayray
Tuning in

Hi 

For a few months now, I have experienced the above. I have rebooted and also reset the hub5 but the problem is persisting. Incoming callers can not hear me but I can hear them. Can you please fix this issue. Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rayrayray,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with your landline service.

I've had a look at this end and there aren't any visible issues. Just to clarify, are outbound calls OK? Are the receivers able to hear you without any issues?

Have you been able to try a different landline handset at all?

Thanks

Beth

Rayrayray
Tuning in

Hi Beth

Thanks for looking into it. I can confirm when making outgoing calls, the person on the other end can hear me ok as far as I am aware. The issue is incoming callers can’t hear me. 

I can also confirm that I have tried different handsets but seem to experience the same issue.  Thanks

Please can you try this for me;

1. Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON. 
2. Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets examples of this could include other phones, fax and answering machines, sky boxes, One Tel boxes. 
3. Can you also confirm you are plugged into the telephone port one on the router?

How is the phone connected to the hub? There is one of three ways;
1) Directly into the hub
2) Via an adapter
3) The hub connecting directly into an external phone socket, next to this is a phone also connected to this socket (using an adapter)

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Rayrayray
Tuning in

Thank you, I’ll give the above a try when I’m back home. 

Let us know how you get on so we can offer further support if required. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs