Menu
pyffy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Incoming call fault

Our phone line has developed a fault ove4 last few days where by the phone rings once and then stops ringing. We have a Panasonic cordless phone. If we manage to grab the phone before it stops ringing we can speak to the caller. If the ringer cuts off the line appears dead at our end although to the caller the phone continues to ring until they give up and hang up. Once we pick up the dead line we have to wait for the caller to hang up before we can dial 1471 to see who called. We can make out going calls ok. We have tried a brand new corded phone into the socket and that barely rings before cutting off. Have tried calling the help line on and off for two hours but have given up. No online chat and the online test just tells me the line is engaged even when it’s not in use. What am I supposed to do about getting it fixed when virgin are uncontactable? 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incoming call fault

Good morning @pyffy 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your landline. 

Are you able to let me know if your landline is connected thought the hub or via a wall socket? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
pyffy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there. The phone is connected to a wall socket. I spoke to someone today and was told that there is an ongoing problem with the internet in our area that will be fixed tomorrow . No idea what that has to do with our phone line and no offer of an engineer to fix the line. Will wait until tomorrow and if not fixed will try to contact again and get an engineer out.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Pyffy,

thank s for getting back to us do you have an update and we can take a closer look if you are still having issues?

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
pyffy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi There, I will check again this evening when I get home from work and let you know if the fault has cleared. many thanks

Peter

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Great thank you, pop back and let us know and if you are still having issues we can book a tech for you 🙂

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
pyffy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately there has been no change and incoming calls are not coming through so I have booked an engineer to call on Saturday 6th.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good morning pyffy

Thanks for coming back to us. Apologies it's not been sorted but I am glad you've been able to get an engineer visit

Let us know how the visit goes or if there is any further assistance you need

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos