cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive number

mozes
Joining in

Hi. I'm trying to get my elderly father's home phone landline sorted out. The phone number he has had for years is now inactive. I suspect it has something to do with the switchover to fibre as around the time my phone switched over his phone stopped working. He has had no contact from VM about it and has not been sent an adapter. He has tried customer support but was completely bewildered by it all. I have connected my phone using my adapter to his hub (leaving me without a landline) but nothing doing. Ringing his number from a mobile now just goes to an inactive number.

I eventually managed to speak to a gentleman in customer services about it but, although he was trying to help, I was struggling to understand him. I believe he was going to re-activate the number and register my father as vulnerable for special support but we were cut off. This was 5 days ago and the number is still inactive.

Dad has now been without a landline for several months and is struggling to use a mobile. He is now getting quite worried and upset about it all.

If anyone has any useful advice then that would be wonderful.

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mozes thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of your father's loss of landline service and for any distress this may be causing him and indeed your family. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R