Menu
Neil0Glover
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Impossible to contact to report land line fault

My landline has not been working for at least a week. I have tried various mediums to try and contact, but I am just going round in circles. I am been asked for information I don't have.

I think I am just about at the point where I am just going to cancel the direct debit for the entire TV, Broadband and Phone package.

Please can some one from Virgin Media help me.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Impossible to contact to report land line fault

What information don't you have? You must have your account number because that is shown on your bank statements to identify payments to VM. It is the first nine digits of the 13 digit identifier. You should know your memorable word because you were asked to set that up when you registered for My VM so you can manage your passwords and billing.  That's all you need to use the phone system to contact VM or the chat system for that matter. VM need to check your identity or any Tom, Dick or Harry could contact them and pretend to be you.

Cancel your direct debit. By all means. But bear this in mind. That is a breach of your contract. VM will still try and debit your account, they will treat each payment as a default. Very quickly they will pass the account to their collection service, they will pass it to the debt collectors and hey presto a default on your credit rating for the next six years. Cancelling a DD is an empty threat.

Now that you have come here wait and watch this thread for the VM staff on this Forum to contact you via the thread to ask for your details and get this fault rectified - that's the good news. And it will be fixed.

Oh and you try contacting BT for a phone fault. If you think VM are bad.........

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

"Run Test" If it detects a fault there then I think the system will let you book it.

Don't cancel your DD, that's a bad thing to do.

Look on the service status page and come back if it's of no help.

Assuming your phone plugs into a box on the wall, and not into the back of your modem?

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
Neil0Glover
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response Howard.

We were not that sure of the account number, so that's helpful. We do have a password.

I want to register it on-line (it's at least an hour wait on the phone) but it asks for a zone number which I don't know. It says I can see this on the bill. But we don't get a monthly bill, paper or electronic.

I will try again.

0 Kudos
Neil0Glover
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I will try this.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just log into My Virginmedia - username (e-mail address) and your e-mail password and you'll see all your bills and account information with the area code.  The link to My VM is at the top of every VM web page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos