cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to cancel Virgin Phone

gbennett2
Tuning in

I have been in touch with Virgin Media TWICE to cancel my COMPLETE media pack - broadband and phone and after each cancellation I have received an email informing me that I have a NEW pack - Broadband removed but I still have the Virgin Phone package, as per contract. 

What do I have to do to CANCEL EVERYTHING. I really don't want to spend another 3 hours waiting in the chat for the same result. I don't want to keep Virgin Phone. I have a copy of both chats with the agent confirming that I have cancelled the pack.

Can I please get some help here as this is very frustrating. 

4 REPLIES 4

gbennett2
Tuning in

I have been in touch with Virgin Media TWICE to cancel my COMPLETE media pack - broadband and phone and after each cancellation I have received an email informing me that I have a NEW pack - Broadband removed but I still have the Virgin Phone package, as per contract. 

What do I have to do to CANCEL EVERYTHING. I really don't want to spend another 3 hours waiting in the chat for the same result. I don't want to keep Virgin Phone. I have a copy of both chats with the agent confirming that I have cancelled the pack.

Can I please get some help here as this is very frustrating. 

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gbennett2, thank you for your post.

We're really sorry to hear you're leaving us and about the problems you've been having cancelling 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You can share your hopeless cancellation experience with OFCOM.

They launched an investigation into VM on 13 July 2023 specifically into VM's cancellation and complaints processes.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/bulletins/enforcement-bulletin/open-cases/cw_01275

Case ref. no. and an email at the bottom of the above page or submit with same info via the contact form

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

Submitting information won't help your individual complaint but it will contribute to the OFCOM investigation and it sounds like your experience is directly relevant to the terms of reference of the investigation.