Menu
Sullywine1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Im 80 & My Phone Dont Work Yet Again.

As said, I am 80 and rely on my phone for communication during this present crisis. It has gone wrong yet again after three weeks and trying to get hold of somebody on Virgin to fix the problem is like getting blood out of a stone. They give you a website which then gives you a telephone number which then gives you the website again. Its impossible just to leave a message to tell them its a fault. Yes I found where you can test your line which once activated suggests "Incomplete" and gives you the infamous telephone number which then gives you the website again, Im sure you know the irritating so-called help being spewed out, utter incompetence. I cannot even find a way of cancelling my account as this sends you round in circles also, why oh why did I change from BT   

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Im 80 & My Phone Dont Work Yet Again.

The phone number is giving you the website address due to the offshore call centres being closed & the UK ones operating at reduced capacity. If the queueing system gets full you are directed to the website. All telco operators are having similar issues so you would be no better off elsewhere at this time.

The good news is with some of the tech staff unable to do their normal jobs they have joined the team here & should respond shortly. Look out for the Virgin logo next to their name to identify who is staff.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your phone and trying to get in touch with us Sullywine1.

What issues are you having with your phone?

Are you able to make/receive calls?

Do you have a dial tone when you pick up your phone?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Sullywine1
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you everyone who has not only replied but given me far more useful information than I was able to achieve on my own.

My phone has just gone dead with no dialing tone. This seems to happen with most of my virgin installation on a very regular basis, the last being less than three weeks ago. Apparently, according to the last time this happened, it turned out to be some sort of link inside a metal distribution junction box at the end of my road which regularly gets corroded. Apparently, once cleaned everything seems to work again: Im no engineer but logic tells me that if this was replaced or what ever is needed replaced could be part of the answer to a longer duration then, I could possibly use my phone again would be great. It is more frustrating being confined to my home as my family contact me on it every day as well as Skype to see if Im okay. Aggravatingly with the phone not working this also seems to stop the video side of skype working although the sound side works. If anybody knows a way of getting somebody to fix this for me would be a welcomed result. Thank you Michael   

0 Kudos
Sullywine1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply, it is very reassuring that somebody is there who cares, thank you. As you say, somebody has got in touch very quickly to whom Ive thanked also. I hope that something can be sorted quickly this time. The last time the phone went dead (three weeks ago) it took two weeks to fix and me having to write to my Town Council for their help through East Worthings community Centre. Best Regards Michael

0 Kudos
Sullywine1
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi: It eventually got fixed but its gone again and nobody seems able to help. Lee_R is as much use as a chocolate teapot who apparently does not have enough security to discuss my phone not working yet again, others have said it was that famous word "Outage" invented for Virgin media but that was supposed to be fixed by 11.35pm last evening. Other technicians have suggested lots of other things but none have resolved having no phone line. If you have a contact or know of a way I can get this resolved without having to get very frustrated every two weeks when it is becoming impossible to get in touch with anybody at Virgin I would be obliged. Michael   

0 Kudos