Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If I get rid of my terrestrial phone how much would I save?

Hi

I'm sorry to be asking such a basic question but I cannot see any other way to get an answer. I tried the customer services line but there was no response for ages. Okay I understand of course with the coronavirus there won't be as many staff as normal.

I am considering simply getting rid of my terrestrial phone line as I never use it. There is no phone plugged in at present and there hasn't been for many months.

I have a package made up of the following:

• Broadband: M200 Fibre Broadband
  • Telephone: Talk Weekends, Telephone Line Rental

It costs £60.30 per month but it doesn't tell me how much is for the telephone. Nowhere at the Virgin Media web-site can I see this information either.

So can anyone tell me how much of the £60.30 per month I'd save if I abandon the terrestrial line?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: If I get rid of my terrestrial phone how much would I save?

Hi Fitz_Blitz,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry you've been unable to get through on the phones so far, this is something you'd need to discuss directly with the customer service team. 

If you can please try again on 150/ 0345 454 1111 or alternatively you can text them on +44753 305 1809.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Fitz_Blitz wrote

So can anyone tell me how much of the £60.30 per month I'd save if I abandon the terrestrial line?

Not a lot. Packages with landline are hugely discounted. It used to be that you could gain £5 a month by dropping it, but now you have to renegotiate both the Broadband & TV parts if you drop the landline.

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

if you are out of contract you need to talk to retentions - £60 seems way too expensive for what you have

this used to work

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

however you get through only talk to someone in the UK and go through with them what options they have

but be aware any change to your package will start a new contract

Tony
0 Kudos