Menu
dodointernet
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I want to keep my landline number

Details

We were with virgin and the contract ended on 25th December this year. 

We signed up to a new account under my name at the same address and I clicked to keep number. On the sign up screens it didn't ask me for the number I want to keep and I've heard nothing back since. There's nothing in the atrociously vague instructions booklets about keeping my number. I'm concerned virgin have simply binned our home phone number as they've activated the new account today and it's a different landline number.

I can't get any answers from them as they're not picking up the phone as per usual as they just blame covid for their complete ignorance (Even though they were this bad pre-covid)

Just a diabolical company . The internet isn't working as they've sent me a hub3 that doesn't have functioning ethernet ports and now this. I can't believe how bad this whole process has been. Shocking service. 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to keep my landline number

Good morning @dodinternet 

Thank you for your post. 

Unfortunately as the numbers are not possible to transfer within the same property,  The port would need to be to a new address or it would of needed to be a transfer of responsibility. 

Sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
dodointernet
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My old number was with virgin, so why can't you allocate my old number to my new account? 

Also your reply is insultingly vague. Clarify your response and provide me with the correspondence details to lodge a formal complaint. Your company is a disgrace. I will be taking this to CISAS, your website clearly stated I could keep my number and I selected this option.

I was also promised a call from Curtis in the Faults Team at 6pm today. I have received no calls whatsoever. I've never encountered such an incompetent company. LIARS. 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am really sorry for any upset caused with our previous reply. 

When a customer gets a new account this is usually a transfer of name or a new address, in these cases the number can be moved with it. 

If an account has been cancelled and then a new one taken out in somebody else's name then this can cause a few issues. We can however see if it's possible to transfer the number over to the new account but I can't promise anything. We will also need to pass account security on both accounts with both account holders. 

If you're happy for me to do this then please reply to the personal message I'm sending now and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos