cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to change my landline number

Janey52
Tuning in

I want to use a number I have with talk talk as Ive had it for years how do I port it to virgin? Talk Talk says I cant? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Janey52,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. If you wish for your number to be ported from TalkTalk to us, we can request this on your behalf.

If you have an active line with TalkTalk currently, we can request a number port on your behalf. This process normally takes 10 days for your number to come over to us.

Can you confirm that you have an active line currently with talk talk and we'll send you over a private message to get this actioned for you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Janey52,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. If you wish for your number to be ported from TalkTalk to us, we can request this on your behalf.

If you have an active line with TalkTalk currently, we can request a number port on your behalf. This process normally takes 10 days for your number to come over to us.

Can you confirm that you have an active line currently with talk talk and we'll send you over a private message to get this actioned for you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, you should be able to port any landline number into Virgin if it is in the same STD code area. For example if your number starts 01234 (Bedford) you can only transfer to another providers connection within the Bedford exchange area.

DO NOT contact TalkTalk to cancel your landline once VM have set up the number port. The closure of your TalkTalk account will happen automatically on your porting day.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi This is fantastic news Talk Talk are being sneaky saying you can’t do it!   Yes I have an active line with them and I’m out of contract with them.  I would like it to happen between Christmas and new year if possible. Just wasn’t sure how to start or who to contact ?  Thanks   Please let me know what I need to do 

Thank you so much. Talk talk said I can’t do it   And it’s not possible 

Hi @Janey52 

I'll pop you a PM over now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thank you