LFCKEV71
Joining in

I want to change my landline number because am nuisance calls all the now

10 REPLIES 10

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@LFCKEV71 wrote:

I want to change my landline number because am nuisance calls all the now

Nuisance calls from someone you know, and want to break contact with, or just the regular scam/spam calls that everyone with a landline gets?

regular scam/spam calls

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@LFCKEV71 wrote:

regular scam/spam calls

The regular spam/scam calls are generated automatically using technology which dials its way through blocks of telephone number groups in sequence. Sooner or later, any 'new' number you get from VM will end up on that automated dialling list just as before.

In addition, any 'new' number you are allocated will not actually be new at all but will come from a general pool of numbers allocated to VM. The 'new' number you get may come with its own history of past nuisance calling or may have been used for business purposes in the past.

The best way to deal with the unwanted scam calls is to screen them out with a call screening device such as trueCall

https://www.truecall.co.uk/shop/truecall-call-blocker

Price is fairly high but it is very effective indeed. When I have used one in the past it stopped 100% of the scam calls.

Some BT phones have a 'lite' version of trueCall built in. They work in a similar way but are not as customisable as the standalone unit.

Morning @LFCKEV71

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. I am sorry to hear of the unwanted calls. 

Have you managed to read Goslow's reply regarding this (thank you as always Goslow). Let us know if you still wish to proceed with the number change and we'll be happy to help you.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

yes i would still like a new number if that ok THANKS

Thanks for coming back to me. I shall send you a PM now to assist further

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Any updates on changing  my phone number THANKS

Morning @LFCLEV71

Thanks for joining me on PM - the new number will be processed by tonight at midnight so by tomorrow you will have a new number.

Is there anything further we can assist with today?

If not, do pop back to the forums and have a wonderful day 🙂

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Update i was getting 5 to 6 scam/spam calls a day now am not getting any so changing number sometimes works