Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I want to change my landline number, can you advise?

I would like to change my landline phone number. How do I go about this, can you please advise.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to change my landline number, can you advise?

Thank you for your post Carmelnib and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm the reason for changing your landline number? 

Thank you, Emily

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to me Emily, I am unable to block certain numbers on my phone and do not want any contact with persons using my number. Short of getting rid of my landline altogether which is not convenient I would have no other option but to change my number.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Would this be in regards to any nuisance or malicious calls? As in some cases we can offer this free of charge, otherwise it would be a charge of £25 for the change.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It would come under nuisance calls. I have no idea how my number was obtained by the callers as I've always been ex directory. Can you help?

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update, we just need to go through a few questions with you beforehand.

Is this number an anonymous number? As we have the call feature Anonymous Call Rejection or we offer Caller Display which can help you know when this number is calling to know whether or not to answer. 

If none of these will help the situation, can we please confirm if you've already looked into the Telephone Preference Service? As they can help people when experiencing nuisance calls. 

If you'd prefer we can put through a landline number change although we'd need to confirm that if this is the second number change on the account it would be a £25 charge, the first change is free of charge.

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for the optins Emily, I am not aware of Telephone Preference Service. I live in Ireland, does the service apply here?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Could we please confirm which part of Ireland you're currently in? As Virgin Media IE is the company which could help for customers in southern Ireland which is separate from ourselves. 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I live in Dublin. Maybe I shouldn't be on this forum? Who do I contact in Virgin.ie? Thanks for your patience and information.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If so we would advise you contact Virgin Media IE, as they're a separate company to us we're unsure of the departments structure and if it's different to ourselves. 

If you have an online account with them it may have a contact methods area of the site which would help further.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos