I'd like to change my landline number.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want a different landline number

Phone them. But if you think you'll avoid scam and spam calls that way, you won't. All numbers have been used before and the spammers etc use auto diallers to call. You could be jumping from the frying pan to the fire.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ghostlyfu
Just joined
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Tried to call but have up after an hour. Yes, it's to avoid those lovely autodialers. Any way to do this? Cheers

0 Kudos
goslow
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

no. autodialers are just that they will call every number from 000000 to 999999 so you can't avoid them no mater what number you have.

They do not know your number
0 Kudos
C0deM0nkey
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@ghostlyfu wrote:

Thanks. Tried to call but have up after an hour. Yes, it's to avoid those lovely autodialers. Any way to do this? Cheers

We use a BT Halo phone (now obsolete) with "Call Guardian" - there are current models available with the same feature. The feature requires caller display.

Basically you can require any caller not in your phone contacts list to announce themselves.

The phone will not ring until they follow the instructions, and this effectively stops all the spam calls whilst allowing genuine callers to get through.

We've had our phone since 2016 and it's marvellous. We have 5 / 6 spam calls a week - they just show up as "missed call" after the event.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ghostlyfu, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the current number, This can be changed by calling 0345 454 1111 and we will usually change the number within 24 hours. Please let us know how it goes? Chris

0 Kudos