Menu
LW1985
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I’ve been charged for calls that I didn’t make

I’ve recently been charged for phone calls that I did not make as we do not even have a landline phone and since I’ve been a virgin customer for the past five years, I’ve never made any calls which is clearly obvious on my monthly bills. In August I was charged £60 for calls that I haven’t made and so far this September I’ve been charged over £25 for calls.I spoke to customer service last week and they arranged for a technician to see if we have crossed wires. The technician arrived today and said with the system that we have in place there is no chance of crossed wires and hasn’t come across this problem before. I then called the Virgin help desk again for further advice only to be put on hold for 50 minutes and then to be disconnected on answer and not be called back. I’m not happy with the customer service from Virgin, I feel that I’m being scammed out of money and I’m considering cancelling my package and looking elsewhere. As this is clearly a common fault in other forums I also feel that Virgin are not taking this issue seriously.

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I’ve been charged for calls that I didn’t make

Similar identical recent post(s) here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Getting-charged-for-phone-calls-I-have-never-made-as...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Charged-for-call-but-no-home-phone/m-p/4408262

so, you are not alone in your issue. All seemingly related to customers with a landline which has not been used at all (by them) on a 21CV connection.

Did the technician actually test anything or just observe you (presumably) had a 21CV connection via the hub and decide no fault was possible?

Common questions from the other topics would be:

• Do you recognise any of the numbers?
  • Have you tried Googling any of them?
  • Have you tried plugging in a landline phone and doing simple checks yourself such as is your connection actually working properly for calls in/out? (Keep a record of dates/times of any test calls you do actually make)
  • Does the caller ID, when you ring out, match the number you are being billed for?
  • Is the number you are being billed for the one you recognise as being your own?

These are only very simple basic checks you can do yourself to match up with whatever VM tell you. You need VM to investigate further for you.

The forum team should pick this up and respond. They can take up to a week to reply.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sometimes there is a fault on the line which causes random numbers to be called, and the fix might be to pull a new cable from the cabinet.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello LW1985

I am sorry to hear of this happening 

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos