Menu
cheryltt
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

I raised a complaint on the 18th of December & havent had a response

My Home Phone Service keeps failing, when it failed for the fourth time in December I raised a complaint as there isn't an issue with my phone equipment its a problem with Virgins equipment as confirmed by the previous engineer visits.  The complaint ref is c-1812202722 and is still shown as open.  I have chased for an update twice so far and was promised a call on the 6th of Jan but nothing happened.  A family bereavement has kept me away from home but on my return my phone service has still not been restored.   I spoke to one of your colleagues last week who said they would chase the complaint and send me a form for the automatic compensation scheme.  The email I received doesn't appear to have a form attached & just links to your complaint pages.  I still haven't had a call or email updating me with any progress regarding my complaint.  And to cap it all I've just received a further bill from Virgin showing that they intend to charge me a full months package charge, again when I have had no phone service since the 18th of December to date.  Frankly I want to cancel all my home services with them and just keep my mobile phone & will do so unless I have an update from Virgin resolving my complaint, amending the current bill to compensate me, for the none existent phone service and covering my expenses for having to continually chase them.  I am having to deal with so much following the bereavement that Virgins poor service is frankly the last thing I need to deal with. 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: I raised a complaint on the 18th of December & havent had a response

Hi there @cheryltt

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you've been having issues with your landline for such a long period of time without a resolution. Please accept our deepest condolences for the family bereavement - I am so very sorry for your loss. 

In regard to the auto compensation, this is not done via a form but will be done automatically on your account. If you have an issue logged for either total loss of services of the telephone or broadband that is longer than 48 hours, this will be automatically credited back once the issue has been resolved. You can read more about it on our dedicated page - Auto Compensation

I have located your account from your forum information and your complaint reference number - currently there are no open work orders to advise that you have an ongoing issue with your landline, I am sorry. We can see that we chatted with you in December but this was a known area issue. 

On the last call in January, we did advise that a technician would be needed but this was declined at the time. 

At the time of writing, there are no known area issues showing and now errors showing with the landline from this end. Do you have a dial tone at home? If not, have you managed to try an alternative handset at all to see if that helps? 

If still no joy, it would require a technician to come and take a closer look for you. Please do let me know if you'd like me to arrange that and I can do that for you. 

Your complaint is currently still open.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos