cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help for my mum to cancel her partners home phone (he's in care home) ........

RPB
On our wavelength

I'm not putting many details here as I was hoping someone could PM with me for some advice. My mum's partner is in a care home and so Virgin are now at the point where threatening letters are being sent out for payment for the telephone that hasn't been used. There must be some way of cancelling his account and no one at Virgin is telling us how. After multiple strokes and falls you cannot chat with him so how is she supposed to do it? Bless him he can't even write or sign any documents now as his whole side has been affected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @RPB 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums. 

We are so sorry to hear of your Mum's partners illness and we are so sorry for any added stress that has been caused by our teams. 

We do have a team that are dedicated to assist customers who have faced issues with their accounts or a loved ones due to bereavement or critical health conditions who you can speak to on 0800 952 2302. Have either you or your Mum been able to reach out to us via this number? 

Thank you. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @RPB 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums. 

We are so sorry to hear of your Mum's partners illness and we are so sorry for any added stress that has been caused by our teams. 

We do have a team that are dedicated to assist customers who have faced issues with their accounts or a loved ones due to bereavement or critical health conditions who you can speak to on 0800 952 2302. Have either you or your Mum been able to reach out to us via this number? 

Thank you. 

RPB
On our wavelength
Hi Ash_C, no we have not used that number before, only the 'call from a mobile' or the 150 options. I will pass that onto my mum and feedback how she gets on. Don't get me wrong, I understand account protection and that, however there comes a point when something needs doing and for Virgin to keep threatening them by letter won't fix it.

Of course we understand, please do pass the number on and let us know how things go with the call. 

If it is the telephone password that she is having issues with, just so you are aware you can access the My Virgin Media profile to view and change passwords. 

Thank you and if you do need any further help please do pop back and let me know. 

RPB
On our wavelength
As far as I am aware Ash_C, her partner only had a telephone password and they won't help with it. They sent a letter out with a one word reminder for the password but the bloke's had strokes, he can't remember what the password would be from a one word prompt. So there is no online profile for him either.

No problem and I am so sorry again to hear this, please do speak with the bereavement team and if you need any further assistance we will be happy to see what we can do. 

RPB
On our wavelength

Hi Ash_C, my mum called up today and was helped by a fantastic woman. Very apologetic, very helpful and it's now going to be cancelled from tomorrow and back dated a bit too. The Virgin woman did say that more training is required for some as I feel they need to be giving out that phone number more readily instead of just quoting the "we can only speak to the account holder" speech. Thank you for your help and I only wish I had thought to come on here sooner.

Appreciate ya 😄

I'm so glad to hear that the team were able to help and thank you so much for letting us know. We are so sorry that this situation was made more stressful for you then we would want especially during such a difficult time, but to hear that the team were able to go some way as to making this better is really great to hear. 

We do hope that's all resolved for you now but please do pop back at any time should you need any further assistance. 

RPB
On our wavelength

Hi Ash_C, 

It would seem my mum is still having trouble with this issue and has now received another letter demanding money. It was supposed to be sorted and the two people she spoke to were just not helpful at all and at times rude. Can we please get some help via DM to get this issue sorted once and for all? Thanks. Richard.

Hi @RPB 

My apologies that this was not resolved for you. Can you confirm if the letters are from us or from a debt collector? 

Was a final bill produced/received after the agent had advised the account would be closed and back dated? If so, was there still an amount owing on the account on the final bill?

We would need to be able to pass account security to discuss the account with you at our side.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley