Menu
tanzza
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have just had VM installed and wish to move my BT landline number to VM, how do i do this?

I have just had VM installed and wish to move my BT landline number to VM, how do i do this?

0 Kudos
Mo-M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have just had VM installed and wish to move my BT landline number to VM, how do i do this?

Is your BT landlines still active if yes then you need to contact BT to keep your line active for at least 2weeks and then contact virgin to start porting process. If your BT line is not working.or inactive virgin wont be able to port your number over. Hope this helps

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
tanzza
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have just had VM installed and wish to move my BT landline number to VM, how do i do this?

can i contact VM by chat as the phone lines are busy and no one has answered for 4 days now!
0 Kudos
Neilt11
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi you can contact the team via the text service on 07533051809.
If you drop them a text and advise you want to set up a number port from BT they will be back to you shortly!
Hope this helps
Neil
Virgin Media Field Technician working from home

If you found my response useful, please give me a thumbs up!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

tanzza
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thanks Neilt11, I have messaged them, let's see how we get on!
0 Kudos
tanzza
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No joy getting a response from VM about porting the phone number, did what was suggested and texted the number, had what seems like "digital" automated replies but nothing that makes me think anything will be done. In the meantime I'm having to continue paying BT for my phone line as well my subscription to VM.
Anyone got any other suggestions as the phone lines are clearly out of the question having tried a dozen times and waited for ever without any success.
0 Kudos
tanzza
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Update: this should now get resolved as I finally got answered on the phone lines on Monday and the transfer is to take place on Wednesday 15th April. Thanks to all those that offered advice.
0 Kudos
tanzza
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The BT landline [Removed] port did not happen yesterday and now I'm back in the VM queues to try to get this resolved. My impression of VM so far is not a great one, they seem happy to take your order but after that the interest in customer service finishes! If someone can help I would be most appreciative.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos