cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I dont want a fibre phone adapter and dont use the line anyway

JezzaF1
Tuning in

Hi,

I dont use my landline and i dont have a phone connected to it, as the original box was removed by an engineer about 6 years ago, and never replaced. A landline was still forced forced on me as part of my package, although i use my mobile to make calls.

I am currently outside of my contract and would only like to keep my 1gig internet and TV but ditch the phone as it is a waste for you to send me an adapter when i have nothing to use it with.

Are there any ways i can do this as 'online chat' doesnt work and i dont have time to sit and wait for someone to answer the phone as i work during your active phone hours and am not allowed to make personal phone calls unless for medical reasons.

Kind Regards,

[REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

2 REPLIES 2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey JezzaF1,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your account at the moment. Unfortunately we are unable to negotiate any new contracts from here on the forums. Please can you message us via WhatsApp on 07305327112. Please be aware that replies aren't instant but the agents will help as quickly as possible, you can also call through to our team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 and the team will be happy to look into this further for you. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Anything's possible with VM but, in all likelihood, they will offer you preferential pricing on a bundle with the landline included.

If you are paying for a VM landline as part of your package, then I would suggest making sure that the landline is connected and working properly (even if you make no use of it) and you occasionally make/receive a test call on the line every so often to ensure it is working correctly.

It is often the case in 'phantom call charge' topics on here (where the customer starts receiving unexpected phone call charges) that the customer does not use the line or doesn't have a phone connected or the line has not worked for a long period of time. In those circumstances, the customer will have no idea when/if a fault is present which might start generating phantom call charges.

If you end up keeping the landline, it would probably be worth going through with the conversion to a connection from the hub and keeping the line active/working.