cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 vs Landline - Disabled, still

Jayenkai
Joining in

A couple of months ago we were sent a shiny new Hub5.. A MAJOR upgrade from the original classic hub v1 that we've had for SUCH a long time.

We tried hooking the phone into it, but the router status page still said "Telephony (disabled)" so we've waiting and waiting, plugging the phone in periodically at the weekends for test purposes.

Since we're in the middle of a house move, and may or may not have been out before the "wall socket" landline died, we didn't think it was too big of an issue. But we're still stuck here, and now our wall socket is no longer functioning.

The hub's status page still proudly claims that the Telephony is still Disabled.  And now we have no home phone, for all the important solicitor/estate agent/etc phone calls during a house move.

Frustration levels, right now, are at an all time high.

Any help, anything at all, would be very much welcome.

Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 15.58.43.png

"Load, Next List"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Jayenkai,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry that this has been happening, I would like to go about looking into this with you, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information in a private message:

JOe

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Jayenkai,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry that this has been happening, I would like to go about looking into this with you, for me to do so I will need to confirm some information in a private message:

JOe

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it was just an upgrade from one hub to another your telephone should remain as it is. Does it still work plugged into the old socket? Have you been advised that the telephone is being ‘upgraded’? If so, on what date?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Jayenkai
Joining in

The old hub didn't even HAVE a phone connection.  It was the OG hub, soon after they stopped doing "Your ethernet through your TV's Set Top Box"!  Crikey, a long time ago.
The Telephone upgrade "deadline" wasn't supposed to be until Sept 22nd, but the wall socket is now dead.  Could be purely co-incidental that the wall socket "just" died on us, but given how close this is to when it was meant to be happening.

"Load, Next List"

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Jayenkai,

Thanks for joining me in that private message, glad we were able to clear those few things up, if there is anything we can do to help you in the future do please let us know. 

Joe

Jayenkai
Joining in

Thanks for your help.  For those interested, when Joseph_B suggested I retest it, this morning, the landline was working just fine once more, so it seems to have been just another one of those random intermittent problems.

i hope everyone else's issues can be solved just as easily.

I'm now waiting for the Sept 22nd date before I can plug into the router.  Either that or move house.  Whichever comes first!

"Load, Next List"