cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 phone line isnt working

Luqybb91
Dialled in

HI. I received and setup my Hub 5 today and connected my phone line directly into the back of the hub as it was on the old Hub 3, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working. I have rebooted the Hub 5 and double checked my phone is connected to the right port, but it still isn't working. Can anyone help me resolve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Luqybb91,

Sorry for the confusion. I'm about to send you a private message to help further, which you can access via the envelope in the corner.

Best,

Michael_JK
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As far as I'm aware you shouldn't have been sent a Hub 5 if you have a Hub based line as it doesn't work with it yet. You'll need to get your Hub 3 reconnected tomorrow. 

How did you arrange the Hub 5, as I thought the invites were only going out to eligible accounts.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

I got an invite

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Luqybb91,

Thank you for making this post regarding connecting your landline to the Hub 5. Just to confirm, unfortunately the landline connection does not work with the Hub 5 yet. I'm sorry you received an invite for this when you use a Hub-based line.

Have you tried reconnecting your Hub 3 and plugging your landline into that?

Kind regards,

Serena

My old hub won't reconnect, I tried it yesterday night. I installed it, let it run through its regular booting cycle, the green establishing a connection and WiFi symbols showed, but the telephone symbol didn't show up. When I accessed the hubs main menu, all it showed was a white page with giant greyed-out symbols (a cog symbol, home symbol, and pen symbol if I remember correctly) and a "logout" hyperlink in the top left corner.

I think I should add that after installation of the hub 5 only my PC established a wired Internet connection with the hub 5, the wired connections to my TV and tp-link access point weren't working regardless of what port they were connected to. I even disconnected the PC from port 1 and plugged the TV into it, but even then it wouldn't work despite the PC connecting just fine using the same port . They only started working earlier this morning, so roughly 8 hours after installation.

I have literally no clue why they weren't working, and why they are working now.

Hi @Luqybb91,

Sorry for the confusion. I'm about to send you a private message to help further, which you can access via the envelope in the corner.

Best,

Michael_JK
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Luqybb91
Dialled in

Thanks to Michael_JK I have switched back to the Hub 3 and everything is up and running. Looks like the Hub 5's telephone feature as well as software isn't ready for prime time.