cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - 'Missed' Calls

gap84
Up to speed

This is a strange one, so wondering if anyone else has observed something like this...

With the home phone plugged into the Hub 5, I am seeing frequent missed calls from 'No number' at a variety of times during the day.  But if I call 1471 I am getting call data older than this (which relate to 'real' calls), so seems like we are getting spurious missed call data to the phone from the Hub.

Has anyone else observed anything similar?

108 REPLIES 108

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dmason197,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some landline connection issues and that you have no dial tone.

Have you taken a look at our Landline Faults page to see if this can help with your landline connection issue?

Can you tell us if your landline is connected to the broadband Hub or to the wall socket at the moment? If your landline is connected to the Hub, can you please reboot your Hub to see if this can help resolve your issue?

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi I see this ghost calls and dead tone issue on the cordless landline phones Is a known issue?

And you are working on a firmware update for the Virgin HUB FIVE 

Is there ant further news regarding this issue please?

Kind regards 

Dean 👍 👍 👍 

I see u have now upgraded upload speeds for both Virgin Media and Business and certain Residential customers?

But when for people on the Virgin Media 1Gig speeds package?

I'm having the same issues here since upgrading too the Virgin HUB FIVE where I have too call the number several times before being connected too the destination I'm calling?

It's so frustrating having an intermittent phone service which isn't working?

I shouldn't get a dead tone on most calls regardless of the time of day or evening?

It happens on most calls and I think this must be a firmware issue on the Virgin HUB FIVE

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dmason197,

Thanks for coming back to me. Can you confirm if you're impacted by the missed calls on Hub 5 at the moment, or is your landline connection impacted?

Are you able to make and receive calls?

The ongoing Hub 5 in connection to the missed calls issue is still being investigated by our team and we do not have any updates at this time. Apologies.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with in the meantime. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

So when will I see an improvement in the ghost calls I keep receiving?

Also on numerous occasions when I try using the landline I keep getting a dead dialing tone and It takes several attempts too make a successful call connection?

I have also seen a link where people on 1Gig Broadband are now seeing 100Mbps Upload speeds?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/03/more-virgin-media-uk-1gig-broadband-users-see-100mbps-...

When will I see this improvement in my connection speeds?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dmason197,

We don't have an estimated fix time for this ongoing issue, but our team is working on having this resolved as soon as they can. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If you're having issues with your landline outside of the ghost calls, I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

So when will I see an improvement in the ghost calls I keep receiving?

Also on numerous occasions when I try using the landline I keep getting a dead dialing tone and It takes several attempts too make a successful call connection?

I have also seen a link where people on 1Gig Broadband are now seeing 100Mbps Upload speeds?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/03/more-virgin-media-uk-1gig-broadband-users-see-100mbps-...

When will I see this improvement in my connection speeds?

Kind regards

I'm still getting missed calls coming up on my caller display but there isn't anyone there?

I was told by the Virgin Media Community this Is a known issue with the Virgin Media HUB FIVE 

See the following Community threads?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Hub-5-Missed-Calls/td-p/5091510

I didn't even get any loss of compensation credit for the SNR outage since last year which I was promised several times by the telephone support team?

Kind regards 

Dean 👍 

Yes I have a dial tone but on many occasions before the call gets connected I have too hang up and re dial several times too get a connection?

I have the Virgin HUB FIVE connected via VOIP direct too my wireless router?

Is there any updates on a firmware update for the ghost calls?

I think I could be getting the dead 💀 tone as part of this ghost calls issue?

Kind regards 

Dean