Menu
rharding
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 telephony disabled

Trying to use landline plugged into Hub 4 directly rather than a wall socket, but the settings on Hub 4 says telephony disabled. Spent over an hour on phone getting nowhere as none of the agents actually understood the basic problem. They just kept asking me to use another piece of equipment or get the provider of the phone handset to sort the issue out! How can this setting be enabled?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 telephony disabled

if your provisioned with a POTS line you need to keep using that for now.
VM are slowly switching everyone over but mostly for new customers right now
Why do you want to change?
0 Kudos
rharding
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The wall socket in the office is damaged, so I thought it would be easy to use the Hub 4 instead!

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @rharding

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forums and Welcome! It's great to have you on the team! 

I am so sorry for the confusion with your phone line but I can confirm @Anonymous is correct and if your phone line is still a traditional phone line it would need to be changed to our 21CV phone to be able to work from the Hub. 

Can I ask how the wall socket has been damaged and is your phone service currently down? Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

also is the socket in the office the master socket or is it an extention?
0 Kudos
rharding
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, how do I tell which phone line I have? I have been with Virgin for years.

The office socket is an extension and the cable to it has been damaged and can't be repaired. The master socket works fine. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi rharding,

Thanks for getting back to us, 

If you have an issue with an extension after it being installed for 12 months or longer, this would be a £99 charge for an engineer to resolve this.

If you'd like me to arrange this let me know and I can pop you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
rharding
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's not an issue with an extension, I wish to plug into the Hub 4 but it says telephony disabled. 

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You can't yet choose to change how your phone is delivered. If you have a working line separate from your Hub, that's what you need to use.

At some point in the future Virgin Media will offer a swap to the Hub lines for all customers as they will want to decommission the physical phone system, but that's not now.

Apart from the physical connection, the two phone lines work in the same way. There is nothing extra a phone line through the Hub will give you currently over the separate one.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos