Received HUB 4 yesterday and installed it straight away. Everything working OK except for landline. This has been working OK for a number of months using the HUB3 connection. Tried ringing 150, but gave up after 30 mins. Tried the Chat facility, got so far through, when it said call would be transferred to technical team. After 3 hours I gave up on that as well. This morning have found this "community" and joined. I see that this problem is quite common, it seems to get fixed by Virgin, but can't see any explanation of what causes the problem?
I am paying a premium price for what I expect to be a premium service. If I wanted to take a chance on inadequate support I would have gone to the much cheaper competition such as TalkTalk.
This experience has dented my trust in Virgin Media, hope someone is able to fix it soon.
Thanks Mike, I saw this reply to someone else's post. It's now over 24 hours since I first switched the Hub on. The Installation Guide is confusing. On page 19, under "No dial tone" it says to use the new cable or adaptor - I didn't receive these - should I have done? It also says to press the WPS button on the front of the hub - there isn't one, it's on the back. On the Hub 3 it's on the front, so have they forgotten to update the installation guide? There should have been some warning that phone re-activation can take 24 hours, then I would have chosen a more suitable time to be without a landline.
Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums.
Never great to hear this, I apologise that you have been faced with this issue. Upon checking your account I have booked a technician to come out to you at the earliest possible time. If this is not ideal for you or inconvenient you would be able to re-schedule this through your online account 🙂
Hope this helps.
Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
Engineer didn't seem to find anything wrong with the kit. He phoned someone who seemed to know what the problem was, but said it would take 24 to 48 hours to fix. Obviously this was disappointing to hear. However after about an hour, I tried the phone and it was working!! I feel sure this could have been fixed last Friday, if only the message could have found its way to the right person. Thanks to this forum, my problem seems now to be fixed, but the advertised support routes of 150 or Chat are useless at the present time.