Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4 Upgrade - No Home Phone

Hi All,

We took the Hub 4 upgrade and installed on Friday. All ok with broadband but since the installation we've had no dialling tone on the connected home phone. I've seen from other poster's that this is possibly a known issue but should rectify after 24-48 hours. We are now over 48 hours and still have no dialling tone. Sat on hold last night to Virgin but gave up after 45 mins.

Has anyone any ideas how to fix? I've tried rebooting the hub a few times and then plugging the phone back in but no luck. The 'new' cable mentioned in the instructions wasn't included in the box with the new hub.

Thanks

Ian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 4 Upgrade - No Home Phone

Hi Churcherian, 

Really sorry you're having some issues with the landline since getting the new hub, this isn't good. 

As it's over 48 hours I've booked an engineer visit for you, the details of this can be found via your online account. I have booked the next available slot but if it doesn't suit you then please pick another one that suits online. 

You'll also need to ensure there is somebody over the age of 18 in the property at the time. 

Any issues let us know and keep us posted with how the visit goes. 

Thanks.

Emma_C - Forum Team
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks Emma, i'll keep an eye/ear on it and advise if anything changes. Is there nothing else we can try at home without an engineer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. 

If it does fix itself before the visit then you can cancel this yourself online. 

I'm afraid there's nothing else we can try from here and it is best to let the visit go ahead though so it's all sorted and tested. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma, low and behold, about 2 hours after i messaged the forum the phone line became active again. Possibly the person that needs to "flick the switch" doesn't work over the weekend. I'll keep the engineer appointment open until tomorrow just in case and then cancel if all stays ok.

Thanks for your assistance.

Ian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Churcherian,

thanks for your reply, I can assure you there is no person who flicks switches, please keep us posted on your visit and how your service is 

thanks

Zoie

0 Kudos