Menu
JC-RW
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 Phone Adaptor

I need an adapter to connect landline phone to new 3. Can virgin send one?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3 Phone Adaptor

Hello

Before you received a new hub 3 where was the phone line plugged into before, as getting a replacement hub will not necessary enable the hub for phoneline unless you previously had plugged the phone into the hub, it will not normally be enabled by VM until your area is getting round to the migration or there was a fault on the line and then the engineer can do the swap.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi JC-RW,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thanks for your first post.

I have been able to locate your account and it doesn't look like you're set up for VOIP landline services yet, meaning that you will still need to plug in your landline handset into your wall socket for it to function. We're aiming to migrate all of our customers over to voice over fibre by 2025. You can find more information about this here

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask us.

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
JC-RW
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth. I am also having issues with my landline as when I pick up the handset it is permanently engaged. Can you help with that? I have tried all the suggested routes on VM.
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your landline service JC-RW.

Can you please describe what the engaged tone sounds like exactly? If you're getting a broken dial tone sound when you pick up the handset, it may be a notification that you have a new voicemail. Can you please check your voicemail to see if there's any outstanding messages?

I've checked everything this end and can't see any issues and no reported outages 🙂

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos