cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will the switch to VoIP affect my phone package??

savik2
Up to speed

Friends on the BT VoIP system no longer have to hang up and redial every 60 minutes. Will I still have to do this on my Virgin VoIP line? I have the Anytime package.

3 REPLIES 3

Incantations
On our wavelength

Yes you will, the VM phone connected to the router technically isn’t VoIP, although the term often gets misused to describe it.

The Ts & Cs of your existing phone package will remain exactly the same, all that has changed is the physical mechanism for connecting your phone to the rest of the world.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @savik2, thanks for reaching out to us on the VM forums. 👋🏼

We appreciate you raising this query to us on here.
Currently we are not fully VOIP for our telephone network, the idea is to remove this cap once the entire network has been transferred over and integrated over to the VOIP network.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@savik2 wrote:

Friends on the BT VoIP system no longer have to hang up and redial every 60 minutes. Will I still have to do this on my Virgin VoIP line? I have the Anytime package.

BTs customers that have switched no longer use the old PSTN exchanges. Virgin customers are using a hybrid system with a separate non-internet IP tunnel back to the Virgin exchange. It’s likely the full switchover will occur in synch with the BT switch off of PSTN in 2025.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks