Menu
Jo1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How to turn off voicemail on landline

Can somebody please advise how I can remove voicemail from my landline please. I have my own answerphone and do not want to miss any more important calls if they go to voicemail when I'm on the phone. My mum and dad are on Virgin media too and also want theirs removed as they have missed extremely important messages in  the last few days. I have called 150, but just get message that your call centres are closed due to covid

Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to turn off voicemail on landline

Hi Jo1234,

Welcome to forums and thank you for your post 🙂

I am sorry you are having issues removing your voicemail, have you been in touch with our team since tour post? If not I can remove this for you.

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Jo1234
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I did get to speak to somebody eventually, and I have been told it's now been removed. My mum did the same, but last time I called her it was still on. How long should it take after being actioned?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Did the account holder at your mums house make the request to remove the voicemail from her line, as only account holders make request to change the line ? If so then he voicemail will normally be removed no more than 24hrs.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Andy48fan
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Is there a way to get the voicemail turned off online? Really don't want to spend ages on hold. We have unplugged our landline as was receiving 4-5 scam calls a day and don't really use landline. But have discovered we have voicemail still, so would like that turned off, in case someone or organisation that we forgot to advise phone status, contacts us and leaves a message?

Thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I am afraid only a VM technician can do this, there is no option online.

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Andy48fan

Welcome along to our Community and thanks for your first post. As our VIP @DJ_Shadow1966 has advised, you're unable to request the removal of a call feature via your online account or online.

We can however, assist you with this here - no need for a technician either. Once we have requested the removal, it will take 24 hours to be removed of your line for you. I have located your account from your forum information so will pop you a Private Message no so we can go through security with you,. 

Please look out for a Purple Envelope in the top right of the page and pop us a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your Private Message @Andy48fan

I can confirm that the information you have provided was correct and as such the request has been processed for you now - the Voicemail feature will be removed from your line within 24 hours. 

If you have any issues with it after 24 hours, please do pop back and let me know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
blackandtan
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I have also called 150 and get nowhere. Please turn off my voicemail too. Thanks

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon, 

Welcome to the forums, Thank you for taking the time to reach out.

Using the details provided when signing up to the forums, I have removed the voicemail for you, this can take take up to 24 hours to resolve. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M