Menu
Squ0nkmeister
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

How to transfer existing VOIP 'landline' number into new Virgin Media (not Virgin Mobile) landline

Just added a phone line (VOIP) to my Virgin Media account. Would like to retain my old geographic area code phone number from my previous VOIP supplier (Vonage). How do I do this?

I tried getting somebody from Virgin Media on a chat window, to ask them to action this for me - but now it seems they've hidden the link so well that even Sherlock Holmes wouldn't find it.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How to transfer existing VOIP 'landline' number into new Virgin Media (not Virgin Mobile) landline

Normally number transfers are processed before a phone service goes active.

In the past I tried to transfer a VoIP number to Virgin and BT and neither could bring it in, I believe it was Vonage.

You would need to call customer service direct and see what they say, they may try port it in but don't hold your breath.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How to transfer existing VOIP 'landline' number into new Virgin Media (not Virgin Mobile) lan...

Hi Squ0nkmeister,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for posting.

We would be able to request the number port from here for you, no problem. Can you please first confirm whether your line is still active with your previous provider so we can ensure that the port completes successfully?

Many thanks

Beth

Squ0nkmeister
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to transfer existing VOIP 'landline' number into new Virgin Media (not Virgin Mobile) lan...

Hi Beth, thanks for the reassuring offer! I can confirm that the previous number is still in use. Please contact me via email to confirm my account details.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

the new CV21 services i believe still has the limitation of having to be in the same area code.

Is your old number the same area code?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Squ0nkmeister
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yep, both numbers have the same area code. Fingers crossed it will work...
0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Squ0nkmeister, thanks for getting back to us.

When you say you wish to receive an email.  Do you mean a 'welcome' email?  Or do you mean details to enable you to register your online account?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Think just wants a message to get ball rolling on the number transfer.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @JitteryPinger🙂

When I get confirmation, we'll take it from there.

Regards

Lee

Squ0nkmeister
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee, yes - JitteryPinger is correct. All I want is somebody at Virgin Media to start the number transfer process for me. Then I can kill my Vonage service. I'm paying for two VOIP services at present.

Please contact me via any means you have available - PM me on this platform, or use the email address against my account on this platform, or use one of my phone numbers that's logged against the associated Virgin Media broadband account.

BTW, I couldn't find any instructions for number transfer in your main site's FAQs. Nor could I get anybody on a live chat. Hence I've been bumped here.
0 Kudos