Menu
a7mag3ddon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

How to request renumbering of the line?

Hello,

Is there an email i can send a message to about having my phone line renumbered?

I have asked this before but cant find the post now.

I am getting LOTS of phone calls from spam, debt collectors and wrong numbers asking for the same person.

The phone number has not been given to anyone or put on any forms, i dont even know my own number without looking it up.

This started within the first few months of being a new customer, now im getting about 10 calls a week some as early as 7:30am.

any help apreciated

Thanks

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to request renumbering of the line?

Good morning @a7mag3ddon.

Welcome back to the forums and thank you once again for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with spam calls.

Whilst there is not an email address that you are able to use, I can get this sorted for you. 

Before we go ahead I must advise that changing the number might not resolve all of the spam calls. 

Please do let me know how you would like to proceeded.

Kind regards,

Zak_M  

0 Kudos
a7mag3ddon
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply,  i ended up phoning the the landline faukts line and waiting in a q for a while but have managed to get the number changed, it wasnt just spam calls i was getting it was for specific named people but as a brand new virgin customer and fibre to the house it was definitly not for me, id also tried the TPS lisy too but no one seems to bother checking that so may as well not even have a tps list

Thanks again..

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all. 

Glad to hear that we have managed to get the number swapped over. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
a7mag3ddon
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I may have to come back to you tomorrow, ive just checked and it hasnt changed as of yet.

Also he said to dial 174 or 175 to hear the number but that doesnt work had to call my mobile to check it.

He did say migjt take 48hrs so we will see.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@a7mag3ddon wrote:

I may have to come back to you tomorrow, ive just checked and it hasnt changed as of yet.

Also he said to dial 174 or 175 to hear the number but that doesnt work had to call my mobile to check it.

He did say migjt take 48hrs so we will see.

The bad news is that all numbers are recycled, & some people find they are just dumping one bad number only to get another. All the “good” numbers are the ones that people take with them from one provider to another.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
a7mag3ddon
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I was told by the VM rep i couldn't take my number with me.

It was a good number, a handfull of bad calls in 9 yrs.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@a7mag3ddon wrote:

I was told by the VM rep i couldn't take my number with me.

It was a good number, a handfull of bad calls in 9 yrs.

There are usually 3 reasons for this:

1) A change in area code if you move from one area to another.

2) Contractual issues with the company you want to port from.

The other issue, which is totally avoidable is the customer giving notice of cancellation to their old provider. This goes against the official porting procedure & will prevent the port from taking place, as the customer is deemed to be giving up the number. The port request from the new provider cancels the phone part of the old service automatically when the port takes place.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
a7mag3ddon
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

For the record,, i was never asked who i was even with and i overlapped my old phone and broadband provider for just over a month as i work from home and wanted to make sure that the new VM service was perfect for the sake of £45 for a months overlap 🙂

Turned out was the best thing i ever did moving to fibre. But i had to wait for them to dig the road up which took about 6 weeks. Service has been amazing since  currenrly enjoying rock solid 380 down compared to my previous rockaolid 80 down.

0 Kudos
a7mag3ddon
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The renumbering hasnt worked, i still have my original, can someone check why this is please?

0 Kudos