Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How to get phone line fixed

Have been on mobile phone all morning (costing a fortune) trying to get an engineer. No answer of course and can't book via web page cause the stupid thing just keeps bringing me back to the same question. So what is to be done? HELP need the landline for work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How to get phone line fixed

Hi there @Dalhousie

Welcome to our Community and thank you so much for your first post - sorry that you're having some issues with your phone line at the moment. We do understand that we are busier than usual and we're doing all we can to answer all calls as quickly as we can. 

I apologise that you has issues using the online self-checks; what did it keep asking you? 

I have managed to locate your account from your forum information and I can see that from your online self checks, it was logged that you were impacted by a known area issue. This has since closed - are you still having issues with your landline since your post? 

If so, what is the issue? Do you have a dial tone? What happens if someone tried to call you - does it ring at their end, given an engaged tone or nothing at all? Do they get an error message? 

Have you managed to try an alternative handset if you are still having issues? Everything is looking ok at this end from what we can see - if you have tried another handset and still having issues, please do let us know as this may require a technician visit. 

Hope to hear back from you soon. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Katie,

Line still dead. Worked for about an hour after they said they had fixed what ever was going on then it went dead again. The only reason that happened was because my husband said he would take his business elsewhere. No dial tone for us or anyone calling us. We have tried another phone and it doesn't work. I don't remember what the page was just the one that asks you if you want an engineer.

I must say also I dislike having to do this. I want to be able to speak to a human being. This site is also not well laid out.

Louise Duncan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dalhousie

Thanks for coming back to us and apologies for the delayed reply.

It does need an engineer visit from checking the systems today. I'll go ahead and PM you to arrange

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos