Menu
Frustrated72
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How to get a service fault update?

I have had problems with my home phone for the past week. An engineer visited on this past Saturday and advised me that the original Virgin installation team wrongly connected the Virgin landline to the house by connecting to the old BT box wiring and not straight into the house. This has led to a breakdown of the connection leading to a complete landline outage. On his visit he disconnected the cables, removed the master box in the house and said that as this was a total outage the fault would be rectified within 48 hours. As yet I have heard nothing and the, so called, online help pages just take me round in circles with no obvious way to get an update on the situation. I am a vulnerable pensioner in my 70’s and need a landline for security. How can I get information as to the current situation regarding a fix? Any ideas? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to get a service fault update?

Hi @Frustrated72,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your first post, we really appreciate it. 🙂 

I'm really sorry to hear about your landline outage and the issues you've experienced from this fault.

Do you happen to have an online account? If you do, please take a look to see if there are any booked in appointments for this to be rectified. 

Please let us know if you need any further help with this issue. Get back to us when you can. 🙂

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Frustrated72
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Paulina.

Thank you for your reply. I have not found any appointments on my web account. The engineer, who came on Saturday, entered information into his mobile phone together with a phone number for me that I've borrowed from my carer.

Regards

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Frustrated72,

Thank you for getting back to me and providing me with further information. 

In this case, I will send you a Private Message to discuss this further. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top of your forum page.

I will be in touch soon. 

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Frustrated72,

Thank you for speaking to me about this issue via Private Message. 

Please keep us updated on your technician appointment and let us know how you get on when you have a chance.

Let us know if you need any further help or support.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Frustrated72
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Paulina.

Thanks to you, me and Ryan from the fault team this issue has bean resolved.

Thanks.

Regards.

0 Kudos