cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect phone to new adaptor?

NickJ2022
Joining in

Hi,

So, I have this new fibre adaptor.  We've put it into the Wifi router as instructed, and connected the lead from the back of the adaptor to the phone - but it's not working.  I assume we are supposed to be doing it that way?  This is the lead that previously went from the wall to the phone, yes?

16 REPLIES 16

No worries, have you removed the cable from the end that goes into the wall and plugged it into the adapter? 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, yes, I've done that bit

It should be already working based on the system check I've done 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Nothing happens when I call the number.  The phone has a message on it's display - "please check the line chord".

Righto and then connected the adapter into the phone port on the router?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi John, I'm really sorry.. my brother put the adaptor in the wrong slot.  It's working fine now!

Thanks for all your help and patience 🙂

Hi Nickj2022, thanks for getting back to us.

Also, thanks for confirming that your issue has been resolved.  For future reference, just in case, you change your hub in the future, you can find lots of help and information, here and here.  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Also, please bear in mind that our website offers lots of helpful information and also, you can manage your account from here.

Regards

Lee_R

Regards

Lee