Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How to book an engineer

Hi, I’ve been a full-service VM user for many years. This year my landline service stopped working in June and, after diagnosing a faulty cable, it took 3 months for VM to get the service working again. Now, two months after getting my landline service back it has stopped working again (no dial tone, just crackling on the line). I started a VM chat yesterday to try and arrange an engineer call-out but gave up when the service stated they would endeavour to get back to me within four hours (on a chat service?!!!). I can’t find an easy way to arrange an engineer visit online (with a system that seems to loop back continuously to FAQs). Can someone help me to get an engineer visit arranged please? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to book an engineer

Hi Claud41, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Landline looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you, the first things we need to do is troubleshoot using these links below – 
No Dial Tone Issue
Making and Receiving calls
I also want to ask a few questions just to make you’re your home setup is all okay, can you please tell me – 
If your phone is plugged into the mains or an extension?
Is your HUB performing okay? The landline works through the HUB in most cases, so if your internet has gone off, your phone line might have ceased to work too.
Have you got a different handset to test the line with? If yes, please have a go and let me know if it improves things.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan 

thanks for coming back to me. In answer to your questions,

My phones are all plugged into the mains

The HUB is performing ok (recently changed to Modem mode only as I installed a Mesh network which is working ok)

The phone set is not at fault. 

How did I get an engineer booked, as my phones are still not working? Thanks. Claud 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi  Claud41,

I am sorry to hear your phone still isn't working, so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos