forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
JamesSavage
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How to block nuisance number on landline

We are receiving persistent automated phishing calls from one number. How do we block that on our landline?

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to block nuisance number on landline

You can't. No such facility exists unless you buy additional equipment such as call screener or blocker.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi James,

I am sorry to hear you are receiving phishing calls from the same number, although we aren't able to block them you can register with the TPS telephone preference service, you can find out more here.

As advised by Howard there are 3rd party services and devices which can do this for you, you can search these via Google.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Please bear in mind that the TPS is not effective against this kind of call. It only works by blocking calls which originate in the UK from companies that have subscribed to the Direct Marketing Association's code of conduct. Guess what these scammers haven't and despite their appearance their calls originate from outside the UK. They use VOIP technology and spoof all their calling numbers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos