Menu
iosep79
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How to Change my home telephone numbner back to my old number before VM changed it?

Hello All. 

I have had Virgin Media Broadband installed about 6 months ago and was told to get the new phone line from Virgin Media sales team  (better price for Broadband) I was not aware till about a month ago that my home telephone number has changed ? Not good as i need my old telephone number. 

I would like to get my old number back, I have spoken to Virgin Media twice. first time i was told that my number would have to applied for again through Virgin Miedia to BT and i would get a call back in two weeks from Virgin Media with an update? A

month later I called Virgin media again and was told to fill in a form on virgin media Business site to request for my old number back With i did (i was told i would be contacted within 72 Hours) still no call back or email. And I am still waiting. so here I am trying this. can any one please advice on where or who to talk to to get my old telephone number back. 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to Change my home telephone numbner back to my old number before VM changed it?

I’m not really clear what the issue is here.

You say you were allocated a number when you joined Virgin. Was this a new number, which has now changed to something else?

If this is the case you have a fault (crossed line) & Virgin need to fix this by attaching you back to the right connection in the cabinet.

You then go on about contacting BT. This is a different problem. Did you ask Virgin to port your BT number at the time you joined Virgin? If you did not,  & cancelled your BT account your number is gone for good. Virgin can only port a number that is active with another provider.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos