Menu
337edy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How many aeons before Virgin ports number to competitor?

Thankfully I finally got round to leaving Virgin on the ridiculous! I now receive my services from Balls i Tup. Does anyone know how many aeons I have to wait for Richie's team to port my phone number. I've been waiting 2 days so far. It pains me to say it but I envisage another wrangle with Virgin on the ridiculous and the Ofcom squad. Took a while last time with Virgin but was extremely pleased with the outcome. Goodbye crap customer service hello mediocre service. I'll get there in the end I'm sure!

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: How many aeons before Virgin ports number to competitor?

Hi 337edy, 

Thanks for posting,

Have you tested the number to check that it's now been moved over? You would usually be given a date by your new provider as to when this will be ported over.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
337edy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex

Spoke to BT yesterday having already given them 24hrs to deal with it. I'm not going to be speaking to Virgin just yet. BT say yesterday that email has been sent and Virgin responded saying they are in the process off porting. No doubt if true to form Virgin will blame BT and BT will blame Virgin in a silly **bleep** for tat mini comms war. If I tell Virgin they will no doubt close the account and later say the number no longer exists so you cant take it over to new supplier.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI 337edy, can you test the number to see if it has been ported - Chris 

0 Kudos
337edy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris

It appears to be working now, Thanks.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Great to see that it is working, please let us know if you  need anything ^Chris 

0 Kudos
337edy
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris

Any idea how I now finalise things with Virgin. The website is deliberately misleading and all routes take you round in circles. No doubt there will be something in extremely small text tucked out of the way to enable Virgin to avoid cancellations at all costs. BT can't be trusted just like the rest of them to do the right thing. Got to manage it all myself, that's how the 1% get on.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The cancellations team can be found on 150/ 0345 454 1111 options 1, 4, 5. Or you can write to us at, Complaints, Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA. ^Chris

0 Kudos
337edy
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the information. I have managed to get through on the telephone now to the team and they have acknowledged that my telephone line has been terminated and my broadband connection will no longer operate following the 30 days notice. Ahhhhhh! I suppose I just have to wait for the final bill battle to commence now. That'll be fun.

0 Kudos