Menu
graham_g
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How long will it take to port my telephone number acrosss from my previous provider?

Please would a VM advisor get in touch regarding my query below.

On the 05.09.2020 my broadband and phone line was installed, and the broadband is working fine.

The engineer (who was very helpful) confirmed my telephone number with me that was ported across from BT and said that it may take 24 hours for the porting process to complete.

As yet I have a telephone line that no one can contact me on. As you can imagine it is vital that I get my number working as soon as possible.

Please can you investigate. Thank you.

0 Kudos
SuperCC
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How long will it take to port my telephone number acrosss from my previous provider?

Same for me - broadband installed on 2nd September but still no working phone on 7th - not happy as the number has been ported from BT to Virgin but telephony has not been enabled on the hub 4 despite several phone calls and one engineer visit (engineer was looking for the phone point and when I explained VOIP he left stating that he was unable to help).  Thats one week without a phone that I am paying for !!

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How long will it take to port my telephone number acrosss from my previous provider?

Hello

Once the line has become active the line port will normally take no more than 10 days to completed.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
graham_g
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info Mike, but I'm hoping a VM adviser will look in to this and hurry things along...

To VM, I believe that customers should have a working service on the activation date, and currently I'm paying for a service that is not working.

Porting of numbers on the open reach network are completed on the day of activation of service, and whilst I appreciate VM is a different network it still means that VM have the responsibility to the customer to sort out the number porting ASAP. BT have confirmed with me that VM have successfully acquired my number. It is important that people can call me on my home phone, VM please help.

0 Kudos
SuperCC
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yay - mine is finally working 7 days after my broadband was activated - Hopefully there will be some form of refund (albeit small) on my first bill as I am paying extra for inclusive calls etc

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi SuperCC,

Thank you for reaching back out tom us I am glad to hear your port has now been done, in regards to any refund this isn't something we do, a number port can only be arranged once your services are active and can take up to 10 days to come across.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos