cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to port landline number over

Bally1
Tuning in

Hi I’ve joined Virginmedia again after a 5 year break from them(had been a cable subscriber for nearly 20 years plus but retention customer service were terrible at that time) I would like to know how long does it take to port my previous phone number over, I took out the contract on the 6/2/23, my previous supplier is Plusnet which is still connected until the phone number ports over which is costing me £56 to keep connected, Is there anyway to check if it’s going through.

regards Bally

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Bally1,

Welcome back to the community and Virgin Media, also  thanks for taking the time to post.
Your landline port can take up to 14 days after your install to be completed but I have looked into the wall and can see that your number port hasn't been requested yet. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Bally1,

Welcome back to the community and Virgin Media, also  thanks for taking the time to post.
Your landline port can take up to 14 days after your install to be completed but I have looked into the wall and can see that your number port hasn't been requested yet. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L