Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do I transfer to a digital connection for my landline?

In brief:

Landline cable was faulty so repaired back in September but the new cable was not buried. Engineer (to bury it I thought) advised this morning that the connection to the main cable box in the pavement was not secure and new cables had to be laid. Discussed the digital option which I now want to take up but unsure to to go about it. Also want the cable box secured and overground cable removed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I transfer to a digital connection for my landline?

Hi M_H_M,

Sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you've had with your landline and that a repull of the cable is required. May I ask whether you only decided afterwards that you wanted the digital option after? Did the engineer discuss the differences of both types and that the phone would be connected directly to the Hub for the digital version? I ask in case you currently have the phone line connected away from the Hub, such as a different room.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the swift reply. Yes, Lee, the engineer, was very helpful and explained that I could connect the main set of a twin digital phone to the hub and have the second handset in another room (where the external line now is). Shortly after I posted I saw that I now have an "order" for 4 November which is presumably as a result of Lee reporting the problem. He offered to get the switch to digital connection sorted whilst he was there but then discovered that my current number is an old BT one and that I would have to get a new number..... Couldn't make that decision at 8.30 on a cold morning so had to ask him to hold fire on that. Subsequently decided to go ahead anyway hence the post. My concern is that the cable still lies across the shared lawn and can be damaged and we'd all be back at square 1! So want to move to digital phone line and have the all the cabling tidied and secured, please.

M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi M_H_M, thanks for contacting us and we are sorry to hear that there is an issue with the cabling and this should be secured or reburied. as we would not want to cause a trip hazard. I will send you a private message so that we can get an engineer to resolve the cabling and let us know how it goes on the 4th November. Chris  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Chris,

What I want is 1) to switch to digital connection for home phone and 2) have the cabling tidied and secured. My understanding is that I don't need a new full set of cabling but the phone cable lying across the lawn to be removed and the respective junction boxes secured. My concern is that the engineer visiting on the 4th won't have recieved the correct briefing. How do I go about moving to a diigital connection for the phone please?

Apologies if I'm being a pain or misunderstood your message. 

Michael

0 Kudos