Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How do I speak to someone at Virgin Media

An engineer came out over 2 weeks ago re a telephone fault. The fault turned out to be a faulty cable outside my house. The engineer has run a temporary cable from a cover on the pavement across my grass to the house. Potentially this could be a trip hazard for the post man (post person) or anyone delivering leaflets etc who cut across my grass.

I have heard nothing from VM since this was done.So when are they coming back,

I just want to speak to someone to find out what is going on with this issue.

The automated telephone system doesn't give an option to TALK TO SOMEONE!!!

When I booked the original engineer I ended up eventually speaking to someone from an off shore call centre. That was a difficult conversation.

Why can't there be a UK based call centre that we can actually talk to someone who you can understand and they listen and understand you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I speak to someone at Virgin Media

Hi Graham-D,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out with your concerns. I'm sorry that you're yet to receive a more permanent solution and have struggled to speak with us.

I'm afraid that there is no option to "talk to someone" on our automated system, as this is what all the options allow you to do. In order to be connected with a relevant agent who would be able to assist with your query, you would need to follow the relevant options to be connected to the correct team. In this case, you'd be best to follow options for landline faults or a planned engineer appointment.

As a virtual call centre, your call would be connected to the next available agent regardless of location; I can assure you that all of our agents have the same high standard of training, no matter where they’re based. We do appreciate your feedback and will be sure to pass it on.

As you've had difficulty in reaching our support teams, I'd be happy to look into this for you and work towards a resolution. In order to discuss this further, we'll need to clear account security. I'll send you a private message now, please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

5 weeks on from the initail engineer visit and still not sorted out.The trip hazard is still there

2nd engineer came out at the appointed day/time however he was not the right person to carry out the remedial work required.

Someone from a different team required.

The engineer took photo and called manager. I have since received a call from a manager to say that they would get this sorted a.s.a.p. - nothing heard since.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Update we are now 11th December (11 weeks from engineers first visit) and cable issue still not resolved.

And to think Jeremy Corbyn's policy is to get every household in the country on broadband by 2030 - not a cat's chance in hell.

As previously predicted someone yesterday has hooked their foot in the cable and yanked it out of the box on the side of the house.

So no phone service now.

Not impressed!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This has been flagged to the Forum Team for further investigation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Graham-D

Sorry to hear this has happened and we are still needing to bury the cable

I am going to get this escalated now and make sure the cable is buried asap 

Regarding the loss of service I will need to arrange for an engineer to attend by private message 

If you can check the Purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I have had nothing but problems with the broadband!  I have spent hours over months trying to get the WiFi to work probably!  Over the last few weeks my ipad( 2019) doesn’t connect.  I have tried every instruction given be Virgin to no avail.  I have been to Apple shop and the IPad connects no problem.  Then have tested it and it 100% ok.  My friend 2 doors away has Virgin (on my recommendation and we didn’t recd £50, but that’s another story!). My iPad worked with their Virgin WiFi.  I have been on the phone for over 40 mins then cut off !!! So no further forward.  As soon as this contact is up I’m going back to BT and also intend to contact Virgin CEO .  The other devices are slow to connect (BT was better but I was paying too much, although when my contract was up they offered me the same package as Virgin for same £26). Because I agreed to go with Virgin and didn’t want to let you down .  I was with BT for 40 years and wished I stayed with them .  The advisor today was going on about I need to pay £5 plus a month to sort problem??? When I said I will not be paying extra , I was cut off.  Please could you assist ? 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnsm7,

Thank you for reaching out  to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I have had a look into your account and services our end and I cannot see any issues at all, in regards to your WiFi and your iPad not connecting we do not support 3rd party devices.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos