Menu
Jason15
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How do I speak to VirginMedia about an engineer visit that didn’t fix the fault?

please help, I’m going round in endless circles trying to speak to someone at virgin. 

We had an engineer visit on 04 December to fix a fault, it was their 3rd visit.

the engineers did some work outside and then drove off. Nothing heard since and still we have no landline or internet connection

surely there must be some way to speak to virgin to find out what’s happening?
Sadly, there’s no email address, phone lines are robots only and even the chat system isn’t manned (held on for 3 hours today but no reply)

Any ideas please?????

thanks 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I speak to VirginMedia about an engineer visit that didn’t fix the fault?

Hi Jason15

Thanks for posting and apologies for the service issues. 

From checking the system, I can see we have booked in a senior engineer visit for later this week.

You can track and/or amend the visit here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
Jason15
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I speak to VirginMedia about an engineer visit that didn’t fix the fault?

Thanks John,

the link you provided to see/track the engineer visit doesn’t work (takes me to an error 404 message) so whilst it’s good to know that a senior engineer will visit sometime later this week, I have no idea when (and therefore if I’ll be home!)

even on my account details, it doesn’t show any upcoming appointments, just the last appt which was on 4 Dec

just wish someone from Virgin would call me or email me ! But thanks for trying to help John

Cheers

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jason15

Sorry that this is still ongoing 

It appears that you have managed to book an new appointment online yesterday 

This will show on your online account 

It will show on the banner about a 3rd of the way up your screen 

Can you please check and let me know if you can see it 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Jason15
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok, REALLY ANNOYED NOW ....

So, since 01 November we’ve had no landline (our parents are elderly and vulnerable and will only phone us via landline). We’ve also had no internet of our own, the first engineer just linked a temporary cable into our neighbours house 

Friday was our 5th engineer visit, we understood this would be a Senior Engineer who was coming to finally fix it

NO !!!! The engineer arrived and parked his van outside, I went out to speak to him and he was nowhere to be seen. He’d connected a device to the cable outside our house and walked off to the ‘box’ in the next street

i went back indoors and thought I’d wait until I could hear him outside. NO !!! He got back in his van before I could rush outside, and he drove off, and didn’t come back !!!!!!!!!

FAULT STILL NOT FIXED, and he didn’t even have the decency to knock the door to speak to us 

For some extra salt in the wound, Virgin then send me an auto email saying “We’ve fixed it”

The email also says if you have any problems ring the 0345 number....nooooooo!!!!! That takes me right back to square one as I still can’t find a way to speak to a human when I phone (and of course, I don’t have a landline so am using a mobile at my own expense)

For Christ sake Virgin Media, will somebody just phone me up or email me with an email address that doesn’t bounce back emails !!!!!!!!!!

DISGUSTED 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this is ongoing and apologises for the delayed response, Jason. How is the service today?

0 Kudos
Jason15
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The service today is the same as it’s been since 02 November...non existant !!!!!

totally appalled 

ni idea what’s going on and Virgin don’t bother to answer my complaint that I submitted either

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying. Jason15,

I'll send you a PM to confirm your details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos