cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I reset my password for help over the phone?

shaw26
Settling in

My password was not recognized when I was asked for it? It was fine when I used it in December 2021. and it has been the only one that I have had for at least 5 years. How do I resent it?

9 REPLIES 9

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @shaw26

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see this.

Can you please tell me if this is for media or mobile? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I was asking about the mobile, I went through media. The lady over the phone accepted the first two letters but not he third, which is confusing, because it is all one word.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @shaw26,

Did they not move onto secondary security questions? Normally we would if the account holder gets the password wrong.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

She did not. She asked if I had another password and I told her that the only one I had was the one I use when I am online and so she told me to change my telephone contact password online. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

The data protection password is different to online account password, I am sorry for this @shaw26.

If it is mobile then we normally give a password hint, what help do you need with your mobile apart from the password?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

I wanted to ask about the payments. On the 10/12/2021, the lady who dealt with my plan said that I had to switch my cell phone provider to O2 because Virgin was discontinuing the service. My daughter went through the process as per her instruction to retain the same phone number. I have noticed that I have since been charged by both Virgin and O2 and I want clarification. and reimbursement.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the that @shaw26, have you also contacted O2 regarding this? We can help with the Virgin side but O2 have their own systems where they can see payments also.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

How do I deal with the payments the Virgin is taking out of my account?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @shaw26,

I will send you a private message, so I can clear data protection and take a look.

Look out for a purple envelope at the top right of your screen.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team