Menu
heidi-001
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How do I get my vulnerable mums phone fixed? She has dementia and needs help urgently. I don’t live nearb

My mum’s phone has stopped working. She is extremely vulnerable with a variety of health issues and vascular dementia. I have tried phoning 150 but am not sure if they are dealing with it or if an engineer is coming. I do not live nearby and she is distressed. Please advise me how I can sort out her phone.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I get my vulnerable mums phone fixed? She has dementia and needs help urgently. I don’...

Hello heidi-001,

Welcome to our Community Forum and sorry to hear that your mum's landline isn't working. Are you able to describe what exactly she's experiencing with it such as whether there is a dial tone for example? Also is her phone connected to a wall socket or to the HUB?

Also when you called, what did the agent say? Please give us more information so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
heidi-001
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I get my vulnerable mums phone fixed? She has dementia and needs help urgently. I don’...

Thank you for your reply! It now appears to be working again which is a big relief. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear it's working heidi-001, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
heidi-001
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex

Is there a way that you can make it clear on Mum’s notes that she is vulnerable and needs assistance quickly on occasions such as this? In addition to having dementia and various other health problems, she is deaf without her hearing aids in...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I can certainly update the account for accessibility if this hasn't been done already 

heidi-001.

I've popped you over a private message to take a closer look. (purple envelope in the top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Sparky3366
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, she can be registered as a vulnerable user which makes repairs and appointments far quicker...just ring virgin and they will send a form out.
Cheers😁
0 Kudos