cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I check if my land line is now a fibre line

Premo
Joining in

I cannot use my land line. There seems to be no signal. I have had the line checked and there are no issues. I cannot contacy Virgin media to talk to an actual person. How do I check if Virgin have updated my line to fibre without notifying me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Premo, thank you for reaching out on our help forum and a warm welcome from us in the community.

We're sorry to hear of the issues faced with your landline currently, we'd love to help out!
From our system checks it appears we've already switched this area to our line via fibre, can you please confirm if any communication has reached you in regard to this change and if you've received an adaptor to use for plugging your handset on our hub?

Let us know and we're glad to best assist with this.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Premo, thank you for reaching out on our help forum and a warm welcome from us in the community.

We're sorry to hear of the issues faced with your landline currently, we'd love to help out!
From our system checks it appears we've already switched this area to our line via fibre, can you please confirm if any communication has reached you in regard to this change and if you've received an adaptor to use for plugging your handset on our hub?

Let us know and we're glad to best assist with this.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Client62
Legend

If we login in to our Hub 3, the front screen shows if there is a telephone service.

If the phone service has been added to the Hub very recently, the Hub may need to be restarted to pick it up.

Below shows that we do not have a phone service via the Hub.

Client62_0-1673957281706.png

I have received an adapter but no notification that I have been switched. The card says do nothing until I receive a letter confirming the change but this has not come

Time to connect the adapter and a phone to the Hub and see if there is a dial tone.

That's done it. Many thanks.

Hello Premo,

Thankyou very much for your patience with this issue.

Great news that you now have a dialling tone.

If you need anything else at all, Please let us know.

Gareth_L